To apply, please email an application pdf (10MB max) that includes the following:
- Your full name
- Term you are applying for (e.g. Fall 2021)
- Tell us a bit about yourself, your practice, and your educational background. What do you do / make? What questions do you continually return to that inform your approach? What designers / artists / writers / practitioners do you see your work as being in dialog with?
- Proposal (1 page) of what you intend to focus your 1:1 discussions on this term, and a list, if applicable, of who you would most like to work with, pending availability.
- Selected work samples and/or a link to your work
- What brings you to the Southland Institute, and what are some things that you would like to accomplish here?
Admissions to the Southland institute are rolling.
We will review your application and get back to you within 7-10 days.
These documents should be created and submitted with the awareness that while they will be examined primarily for their content, the form of the typography will be noted as well.
Return to Southland Institute home page